On Wednesday, I wasn’t feeling very well. I was having some sharp pains in my abdomen (somewhat like jogging cramps) and I was very emotional throughout the day...crying for no specific reason. I called my doctor, and his nurse told me I needed to go and get checked out at the hospital because they could be signs of labor or other complications. I debated for a while on whether or not I should go. I figured it was nothing. Well, if you didn’t know, nurses make the worst patients....because we get mad when our patients are non-compliant, but when we are told to do something as the patient, we tend to down play the situation and not do what we are told. After about 4 hours, I decided that I should probably go to the hospital because I knew that my doctor would gripe at me the next day at my appointment if I didn’t.
Jeff and I decided to wait to call anyone because I knew I wasn’t having any contractions. Well, after about 3 hours at the hospital, I was discharged. Apparently, I was just having “pregnancy discomfort.” But it is better to be safe than sorry!
At my appointment the next day, I had a sono to see Audrey’s size. Well, let’s just say that I don’t have any problems incubating and growing babies. Our little Audrey is estimated at a hefty 8 pounds (of course, I was told this is an estimate....give or take 1/2 a pound....let’s hope it is take 1/2 a pound)! No wonder I haven’t gained weight anywhere else on my body...my little piglet has been hogging all of the calories! So, this “pregnancy discomfort” is being caused by having only 2 weeks left and possibly a large baby. Unfortunately, I am not dilated in the least bit.
Anyway, I am ready for Audrey to make her presence. I am so uncomfortable, and sometimes it is near unbearable being unable to find a comfortable position. I am going to need everyone to think....DILATION!!!
I am glad that everything is fine with baby Audrey! I am sending some prayers for you to have a safe and early delivery. I know you cannot wait to have your little princess here and out of your stomach! Love ya! :)
ReplyDeleteAWWW! YOU POOR THING, I TOTALLY KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, BUT HONESTLY ITS ALL WORTH THE DISCOMFORT AND PAIN IN THE LONG RUN! JUST REMEMBER, IF YOUR NOT SLEEPING AT NIGHT ITS JUST GETTING YOU READY FOR WHEN SHE DOES GET HERE. BEST ADVICE I RECEIVED WAS SLEEP WHEN SHE SLEEPS! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DELIVERY AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE PICS!
ReplyDeletePS: WHAT A BEAUTIFUL ROOM, YOU GUYS DID AWESOME!!!!
I am glad to hear everything is well with you and Audrey. She will be here before you know it. I can't wait!
ReplyDelete