As of last Thursday (5/14), there is still no progress on the baby front. No dilation, no dropping, no contractions, nothing! Audrey has 6 days left until her due date, and she is showing no signs of wanting to come out. I have another appointment this Thursday, so we will see if there is anything going on. I am also getting another sono to check on Audrey’s size. I haven’t gained weight in the last 3 weeks, but that doesn’t mean that she isn’t growing anymore.....however, I am hoping that her weight has leveled off. As of last week, my doctor is thinking she is upper 7 or 8 pounds. He did reassure me that they always over-estimate baby’s weight.
If Audrey does not come by her due date, we are looking at inducing next week. We will try this gel that causes dilation (which I have to stay overnight at the hospital....hopefully I get to eat!) Then, the next day, they will start the induction...if I am dilated. But since Audrey has not dropped (which typically already happens), we had to think about the possibility of a c-section if nothing works. Not really what I want....but the week isn’t over yet.
So, I am just sitting around and waiting. I don’t have anything planned for this week, which means there will be a lot of lounging around. I don’t mind laying around and napping whenever I want....but after a while I get a little bored. And since I have crazy organizational skills, our house is extremely organized. So organized, that I am tempted to bust out the label maker and start putting labels on everything!! Goodwill is getting some major loot soon! Good thing that I don’t feel like leaving the house much because I would probably be doing too much retail therapy for boredom. But, I know that I need to soak up all of the lounge time because my independent life is about to change FOREVER!!!!
Well, unless you get a phone call or a text announcing labor, I will be at home with Jake napping!
Oh, and we finally got our crib last week!! The pic below is at 38 weeks...obviously I can't see my feet anymore...

So exciting! I can't wait to meet her! You look great and her room is precious! Definitely keep us informed about her arrival. We would love to come see you guys when she gets here! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteGirl! Sounds like we have a similar story waiting for the little one to arrive!! However,I must say...enjoy your boredom because once she's here....you'll NEVER be bored again!!!! = )
ReplyDeleteHey Stephanie! You are so cute!!!!!! The room looks awesome, I love the colors! Please keep us updated! Can't wait to see pics!
ReplyDelete