Before we left the hospital on Tuesday, the pediatrician came in and told us that Audrey's bilirubin level was a little high meaning she had jaundice (which is common in newborns). Unfortunately, her level was high enough that she required phototherapy lights at home....major bummer. She was going to have to be under the lights for 16 out of 24 hours. Below is a picture of this phototherapy "bed" that she had to stay in. Let me just say that she HATED this bed. We tried everything we could to make this bed more comfortable... head rest, wrapping blankets around the bed to create a more swaddled effect, placing it in her vibrating pack n play, etc. Audrey would sleep about 15-30 minutes in this bed, and then scream! Jeff and I were completely exhausted. We hated seeing our baby girl so upset and uncomfortable. Luckily, we had a pediatrician appointment the next day where they drew her labs to check her bilirubin level, and it was a lot lower and no more jaundice. So, we are saying goodbye to that stupid bed!!! Hopefully night #2 is a lot better. :) The doctor said she is doing great. She has already gained 3 ounces since leaving the hospital.
Due to the exhaustion, my brain doesn't quite function at the genius level that it normally does. So, while doing a load of laundry, I threw the robe I was wearing in as well. Unfortunately, my cell phone was in the pocket....just great. I am going to let it air dry overnight and hopefully it still works. We may be making an unplanned trip to Verizon tomorrow. :( But even as exhausted as we both are, Jeff was sweet enough to make me breakfast in bed, lunch and dinner. He has really been taking care of me and making my recovery a lot easier. :)
Our last picture in the hospital together
Glow bed nightmare!
Our sweet ladybug :) Look at the feet!
I love all the updates! What a lovebug.
ReplyDeletePrecious little girl!! I am glad that Jeff is taking good care of you...that makes me happy! :)
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! Sorry about your bad first night. Just keep reminding yourself that it gets better!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete