Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Audrey will be here tomorrow!!

We had our last doctor's appointment today, before my due date on Sunday. Some of the news stayed the same....like she hasn't dropped (or as my doctor puts it, "she is north of Denton") and no dilation. However, we had some shocking news during the sonogram....Audrey's estimated weight is 9 lbs 2oz. Of course, this is an estimate, but my doctor thinks that she is probably in the upper 8lb region. He also thinks that she probably hasn't dropped yet because she may not fit....which is obviously a problem. We were given several options, and we collectively decided that we should try to induce, see what happens, and if Audrey does not progress, then it is off to the operating room for a c-section! 

So the plan is......
Tonight (5/21): Go to the hospital at 8pm and get a prostaglandin gel placed on my cervix to cause dilation.
Tomorrow (5/22): At 730 am, start the induction. After about 4-6 hours, depending on how long I want to sit contracting, we will see if there is any progress. If not, then off to the OR. Either way, Audrey will be born on 5/22 and she will be a gemini...barely. (Sorry Stephen, but we can only have 1 taurus in the family!) 

Jeff and I have accepted either option, and we just want a healthy delivery and baby. And just think, if Audrey is born c-section, she will have a very round head....no cone head here!! If she comes the other way, then she can wear a hat. :)

We had about 6 hours today to get everything together....finish packing, clean up, find somewhere for Jake to board that isn't booked for Memorial Day Weekend, and eat a big dinner. As my last meal for a while, I really wanted Macaroni grill....and it was gooooood! I had to get dessert too.  :)

So, I am now sitting in the hospital bed waiting for the gel and the nurse came in to assess the fetal monitor. She asked if I was having contractions and I said no.....but apparently I am. The nurse said that I have had several contractions since I have been here. I do not feel anything during these contractions.....BONUS!! Who knows how long I have been having contractions. Hopefully this is how my contractions will feel during the induction!

We will keep everyone posted!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! So cool! I went in the night before with Jasmine...and I ended up being a 10 by that morning...labored all night while on Ambien...woo-hoo! Good luck and I can't wait to hear more...I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! WELL CONGRATS TO YOU AND JEFF! I AM PRAYING EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTH. KEEP US UPDATED! TOMORROW WILL BE THE MOST BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE! WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE THE FEELING YOU HAVE WHEN YOU HOLD YOUR BABY FOR THE FIRST TIME. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICS OF MS. AUDREY, SHES GOING TO BE BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I hope everything runs smoothly today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see her!! eeekkkkkk!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So excited for you guys! I can't even describe to you the feelings and emotions you're going to have when you see and hold that precious little angel for the first time! It's giving me chills just thinking about it! Today is going to be one of the best days of your life! Enjoy it together and please keep us updated about her arrival! We can't wait to meet her! Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly. We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete