Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Ready to go home???

After 5 nights in the hospital, we are planning to go home tomorrow morning! Our entire stay at Presby Plano Hospital has been absolutely wonderful. The nurses, doctors, and staff have made our experience very enjoyable. I feel so spoiled, and the food was actually good!

Audrey is adjusting very well. She was rooting around for food in the OR right after she was born! Needless to say, she likes to eat and had no trouble with breastfeeding, which is a relief! However, if she had her way, she would eat every hour! She has lost some weight since she was born (which is to be expected). So, she currently weighs 8lbs 6 oz. She barely fits into her newborn clothes and newborn diapers! We probably have another 1-2 weeks before she doesn't fit anymore. 

I still can't believe I was carrying around a 9lb 3.6 oz baby. No wonder why I was so miserable the last few weeks! Of course it was all worth it, but there was no way I was going to be able to deliver her any other way than a c-section. The first day of recovery was pretty painful, but every day gets better than the last. I tried to cut down on the pain meds while in the hospital, but I quickly learned that was a stupid idea. The more comfortable I am, the more I can enjoy my time with Audrey. 

The next few weeks at home are going to be difficult. I can only go up the stairs once a day and down the stairs once a day. This will go on for at least 2 weeks. So, I need to plan my days accordingly. Also, I can't drive for at least 2 weeks either. Well, you know what this means....I need a personal chef, chauffeur, and butler....or I can rely on my loving husband for support. ;) Who, by the way, has been amazing this entire time. He has been so great and helpful, and he is such a proud daddy. He is very protective of both of his girls :)

I have posted some pictures of Audrey (of course this is just a few of the many!). She is starting to turn a beautiful shade of orange, which the pediatrician says is a mild case of jaundice. As much as she poos already, she will get over it in no time! 




7 comments:

  1. Just precious!!! Can't wait to meet your sweet baby girl!!! Glad to hear you are doing well and are getting to go home tomorrow!!! Let the real fun begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is sooooo cute! i want to pinch her cheeks! that outfit looks tight on audreys belly. hehehe! guess you'll have to go shopping for more clothes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAAAugh! Stephanie & Jeff!
    Congratulations!!!!!!
    She's beautiful!

    ~B.L.(Cox)Duke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so cute! Matt and I are so happy for yall. She looks so much like both of you, that's too precious. I LOVE all that hair too! Cora and I can't wait to meet our new friend. Take care of yourself, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! She is so beautiful. Looks like a happy mom, and a *very* proud dad. Much love!
    Chad, Patti, Grace, & Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is soooo beautiful! Just Perfect. You guys look so happy, and might I add you look great!!!!! Good Luck! I can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her chubby wubby cheeks!! I can't wait to meet her when you come in for your two week check-up! You better bring her!! =)

    ReplyDelete