Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

2 weeks old and growing!

Audrey is now 2 weeks old, and she is already changing so much. Not only does she continue to gain weight/inches, but she is gaining strength as well. We put Audrey on her belly and she can lift her head and push up with her arms while kicking her legs in a crawling motion. And she rolled over from her belly to her back all by herself yesterday!!! We have witnesses that she received no help from her parents in achieving this feat. :) 

Audrey now weighs 9 lbs 1 oz and she is 21 1/4 inches long. We can't believe that she has grown 2 inches in 2 weeks! Maybe they didn't measure her correctly at the hospital.... Either way, she is in the 85th percentile in weight/head circumference and 95th percentile in length (not a surprise). While Audrey likes to eat a lot, we have been lucky that she has started to space her feedings to every 4 hours at night and every 3-5 hours during the day. Yeah! 

On June 3rd, Audrey's cord fell off, so she received her first tub bath the next day. Luckily, she actually liked getting bathed (except for the end)! She also waited to poo until the end of the bath! 

Look at those rolls!

In this picture, we were trying to practice newborn picture poses for her photo shoot the next day by placing Audrey on her belly. It didn't go as planned. She decided to go limp and fall asleep instead. I was able to get a "smiling while I sleep" picture though! 

This is a picture of Audrey being perfectly content looking around at her surroundings in her boppy. :)

4 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful! I love her! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one gorgeous baby!!! Congrats to you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is SO cute! I was wondering if maybe they measured her a little on the short side in the hospital. I was kinda surprised you and Jeff had a 19.6 inch baby! Either way, she's perfect and I can't wait to kiss her cheeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Sounds like she is a happy little baby. :)

    ReplyDelete