Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

A day of firsts....

Life went back to normal when we got home.... only now we are a family of 4. The day after we got home from the hospital (9/4/12), we went to the pediatrician to check Allie's bilirubin level. Of course, it ended up being more than that.... Allie lost more weight. We left the hospital at 7 lbs 5 oz, and now she weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. So, I was told I REALLY needed to work on feeding her more often, waking her up, and maybe even supplement with formula (at this point it was my choice). I had 2 days to get her weight up, so I was on a mission for the next 2 days!! Her bilirubin had also dropped from 13.6 to 13.2, so the possibility of needing bili-lights like Audrey was fading away luckily!

On 9/5, we had several firsts in our house. It was Audrey's first day of school!! Jeff got Audrey ready, and luckily I woke up just in time to fix her hair. Jeff hasn't perfected his little girl hairstyles yet! I was kinda sad that I wasn't able to take her to her first day of school. I hadn't even met her teachers yet. Fortunately, Audrey is a very independent child who loves to be around other children and school. I was confident that she would be just fine. When she got home, I asked her what she did in school. She walked straight to Allie in her swing and said "I already told Daddy. Daddy you tell her. Hi baby Allie!!!" If anyone should feel neglected or left out, it is definitely not her. It should be me!!!

She looks SO tall here. She doesn't even look 3!

Since Allie's cord fell off the day before, it was also the day she got her first home/submersion bath!! She was not amused. She cried pretty much the whole time. I can only assume that maybe the water wasn't warm enough, because every bath since then has been a very enjoyable experience for her. She must like her water like her Mommy.... scalding hot! 

Pre-bath snooze





 In her post-bath zone
 Sweet baby!

The following day at her "weight check" appointment, Allie went from 7 lbs 1 oz to a whopping 7 lbs 8 oz!! What a relief!! 

1 comments:

  1. Wow, Audrey DOES look tall in the picture!

    And kudos on the weight gain!

    They are both so cute!!

    ReplyDelete