Shoot me. Something happened overnight to make my willing and able toddler go from constantly wanting to be on the toilet or in the bathroom to not wanting to go near the thing.
We started the day with an accident. I kept asking if she needed to go and she kept saying nnnnnnnoooooooo! Well apparently she did. Then another 1/2 accident on the floor, 1/2 in the potty. Well, at least we made some progress.
The rest of the day required a lot of coaxing/asking if she needed to go and luckily she peed 8 total times in the potty. She even napped in her panties and woke dry.
The poop is another story. I guess she is still afraid to go in the toilet. She just runs around with her butt clenched tight yelling 'go potty, go potty, need diaper, need diaper!' It's quite funny. I try and put her on, but again, I get the stiff body. Luckily I was able to get her on the toilet to do #2. There is a moment between knowing she needs to go potty to it's about to come out. That is my moment to get the drawers down and her on the potty. It is only about a 3 second window, so you have to act fast!
Anyway, this potty training thing is lasting longer than I expected. I feel like we have regressed some. I already have little patience, so this is trying my nerves. I've learned to take deep breaths and advil. I can't wait for Jeff to get home.
Until tomorrow....
Hilarious! I know you are probably about to pull your hair out but this make me laugh.
ReplyDelete