No pics today, just potty training info. I am going to try and blog each day to document progress. That way I can remember what happened for future reference! I am attempting to go at potty training alone because Jeff is out of town. I know it may seem crazy, but we are almost out of diapers. :)
Audrey has only peed on the potty once in her life before today. I am pretty sure she didn't remember the feeling as evidenced by this mornings mishaps. (I should note that she has been very interested in the potty. She likes to sit on the toilet, use toilet paper, flush, and wash hands. Everything except actually doing some business. I felt it was time for her to start.)
She woke up dry, which is a great. I put her on the potty once she got up. Nothing. We went downstairs, drank our morning milk, went back to the potty, nothing. She had her big girl panties on, and in the kitchen, she had a small accident. She immediately told me, 'momma peepee' so we quickly went to the toilet, and again, nothing. This happened 3 more times. Apparently she really needed to go, but wasn't sure 'how' to pee in the potty. We quickly went through 3 pairs of panties. After 1.5 hours, I was ready to abort ship. But we continued on.
For the next 2 hours she continually told me she had to go potty. We would go in there, only to have her play. She would sit for 2 seconds, want off to flush and wash hands. I was getting very frustrated. I felt we were getting no where. Plus, she didn't want to put her panties back on. So I had a naked toddler running around most of the morning. I was just hoping that nothing was going to happen on my carpet!!!
Again, I was ready to abort. The next 20 minutes were a blur because of all of the frustration from both sides. Temper tantrums were had by all. Mine was silent though. :)
Then all of a sudden, she told me she needed to go potty (I was thinking 'yeah, right'). But away we went. I put her on the potty, and I stepped around the corner so she could focus. She did it!!!! After a lot of praise and a few stickers, she understood! She told me she had to go, and actually went on the potty 6 more times throughout the day. I am so proud!
As the day was coming to an end, I was getting more concerned about the fact that she had not gone poopoo. This is not normal for her. She usually goes at least twice. Anyway, 30 minutes before bedtime, she told me she had to go potty. I put her on, turned my back (acting like I was doing something), and she went poopoo!!! I have never been so happy to see poop in the toilet before!
Anyway, I am glad that I have not had the pleasure of cleaning poop out of panties yet. I am sure that my day will come, but I am hoping it will be on Jeff's watch. :)
Potty training day 1 can be deemed a success!!! Until tomorrow.....
She's going to love reading this post when she's older :) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWay to go mommy! Oh, and Audrey too!
ReplyDeleteRachel
Yay!!!! I love successful potty stories!!!!! This is exactly the age we potty trained Coop and it was so easy....that was a year ago....crazy! The ONLY reason why I think it was easy is because it was right before his "defiant" stage!! We got lucky that we caught him at the right time!!!! Good job, Audrey! I know she will love to read about her poo stories when she is older!!!
ReplyDelete