Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Adios and Goodnight!

So, I didnt want to blog about this until it had been a week because I didnt want to jinx ourselves....but Audrey has been relocated from our room to her crib at night!! We did this last Friday when she turned 9 weeks. For some reason, I decided that day that we were gonna give her the boot! Since then, all 3 of us have been sleeping soundly! Even the first night, we all slept 6 hours. We have been averaging about 6 1/2 to 8 hours of sleep at night since. Oh, how I have been longing for more than 3-4 hours of sleep. :) She is a lot easier to put to sleep too! We just put her down and she is either already asleep or she falls asleep pretty quickly thereafter. We are going to officially put up the pack ‘n play from our room tomorrow! Woo hoo!

As she gets bigger, she wants to be awake more during the day. However, she is still too young to understand anything. So, you can only sing the ABCs, the itsy bitsy spider, patty cake, read every book that you have, talk about everything you can think of, and make smiley and funny faces before you are bored out of your mind! Sometimes, I can't think of anything else to do. I actually started singing Christmas songs to her today! When you are trying to think of things to sing, say and do, your mind draws a blank. Jingle Bells was the first thing that popped into my mind....

Audrey has grown so much. She loves to smile....at people, at her kangaroo, at her bouncy seat, at her butterfly mobile, and even at herself in the mirror. She is on the verge of laughing, and we can’t wait for that day. She coos and tries to laugh, so we are close! I look at her and it is still so amazing to think that she is a part of me. The love that Jeff and I have for her is immeasurable. Jeff has been such an amazing and involved father. He has been "hands on" since day one. He's not afraid to change diapers or console Audrey. He plays with her, sings to her, makes up songs for her, and dances with her. We are so happy and blessed to have such a wonderful and healthy daughter.


This picture is of Audrey sleeping on a pillow in my lap.....so sweet. :)

1 comments:

  1. That is great news!! I can't believe that she is already 9 weeks old! Time flies by too fast!

    ReplyDelete