Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The latest updates!

I know it has been a while since I have updated the blog, so I have a few things to talk about! The first is about our last doctor’s appointment. Everything continues to look great, no major issues, weight gain is sufficient, and I have gained 25 pounds since the very beginning. While my waistline has increased about ½ an inch every week since 20 weeks, I have held steady for the last 2 weeks at 40 inches with no growth… finally! I was getting sick of expanding. Audrey needs to utilize the space she has been given and quit making her mommy feel like a bus! :) Well, while we waited for my doctor to get back from a delivery, my friend Erica who is a sonographer at my doctor’s office, performed another 4D sono for fun! Unfortunately, Audrey was using my placenta as a pillow, so we couldn’t get any good pictures of her face. Every view made her nose disappear so she looked like Skeletor from He-Man. (We decided not to print any of those pictures.) We did get a great shot of her foot though, and we were able to confirm (once again) that Audrey is a girl. We have one more appointment in 2 weeks then we start going about every week until Audrey arrives.

Yesterday, a few friends and I went to Canton, Texas for the First Monday Trade Days Event. Let me tell you, people come out of the woodwork to come to this event. There is so much stuff to buy, and most of it is decently priced. I, of course, had to buy baby stuff. I bought a ton of bows…that way if Audrey has no hair, there will be no mistaking that she is a girl. However, random strangers still feel it necessary to argue with me about the sex of our baby. I know that I am carrying Audrey the way most people would carry a boy (outward instead of wide)….but trust me people….I have seen it in 4D!!! Audrey is a girl!!! Even when I tell people this, they still try and tell me that their friends’ babies magically grew boy parts in the final weeks of pregnancy….give me a break! (Surprisingly, several people have said this!) I just try and smile and not say a word…there is no point in arguing with fools. ;-)

Well, I am sitting at 33 weeks right now, so 7 more to go. I am starting to get more and more uncomfortable. Audrey's head is sitting in my pelvis and her feet and legs are at the top, so quite frequently I get kicked in the ribs. I am glad that she is in the position she needs to be for delivery, but breathing is becoming more and more difficult. However, it is fun to sit back and watch my belly move all around when Audrey is awake. I think it freaks other people out because it kinda looks like an alien is about to bust through, but I love it! I know that I will miss this part of it when she is born. Once we get the nursery in order, I will post some pics. The pics will be missing the crib since it is on backorder until May 10th, but we will survive. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment