We have been doing a lot of prep work to get ready for Audrey, especially since she is due in 5 weeks. Our recent preparation included taking a Lamaze/Birth prep class. This class was a long 12 hours (broken up in 2 days). However, I enjoyed it because I got to lie on a cushy mat with a bunch of pillows while Jeff gave me a massage…and the teacher didn’t care if every guy’s hands in the class were hurting. She kept urging them to keep rubbing! Plus she told “the coaches” that their homework until the baby comes is to give 3-4 massages a week to their spouse! I really liked our teacher. :) (I will let you know later if Jeff passed, failed, or got an incomplete on his homework assignment).
We have pretty much completed the baby room. This weekend we hung a curtain rod, finished all painting, and bought more wall hangings. The only things left are to get the curtains hemmed (for an odd shaped window), get cable set up (mainly for me during feeding time), and wait for the crib to come in. While the date for the crib was pushed back to May 10th, Pottery Barn assured me that our crib is coming in with that batch….however, they also told me that it may not arrive at our house until after Audrey is born….poo on that! I guess it’s not that tragic since 3 of my awesome friends, Rachel, Kim, and Jennifer, got us a pack ‘n play, which Audrey will sleep in for the first couple of weeks in our room. But still, my nesting instinct is being put on hold, which is so frustrating!!!! Next week I will post a picture of the baby room (sans the crib).
On an awesome note, I participated in a college basketball bracket challenge at Jeff’s work. It cost $10 to play, and Jeff wanted me to participate. Well, I waited until the last minute to fill out my bracket; so needless to say, I guessed who would win each game. Well, out of 60-70 people who played, I won third place, which was a $120 prize!!! Bonus!!
I can't believe you only have 5 more weeks before you get to kiss your little girl. I can't wait to see what she looks like! We took that same lamaze class and Shannon definitely failed the massage test =P.
ReplyDeleteFive weeks!! How exciting! You might be the first person I know to have cable in the nursery!
ReplyDelete