Sleeping has gotten much better. Unlike Audrey who was colicky A LOT at any time during the day, Allie has her witching hour from about 1030pm-1230am. She is unsettled, unhappy, and not much will console her at that time. I usually go to bed at 9 or 10, and Jeff stays up with Allie until about 1230. He brings her to me at that time, I feed her, and she goes to sleep. Lately, since she was about 7 weeks, she sleeps on average 6 hours during the night. We do have our occasional 'I want to wake up every 3-4 hours and eat' but luckily those are few and far between. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel!!! She is now 9 weeks and usually colic ends around 3 months, so I look forward to her witching hour ceasing soon.
The rest of the day, she is happy, happy, happy. She loves to sleep during the day too, so I have to wake her up to feed her and make sure she doesn't mix up her days and nights. I'm also not used to laying a baby down on a play mat (especially at this age), and she being perfectly content and happy for at least 30 minutes... by herself! Being a second child, she is learning that she can't be held 24/7. So glad she is low maintenance... or else I might have lost my mind by now. :-)
I started taking weekly pictures of Allie so that I could watch her growth. I have these cool blocks to help document her age. I WISH I did this with Audrey. It is so cool! However, it is not very easy to take the pictures by yourself. Trying to get her to smile while behind the camera is not easy. Babies never pose how you want them too....
Starting to get chubby!!
Halloween costume
0 comments:
Post a Comment