Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's snow, man!


As EVERYONE knows, we recently had a record breaking snow fall. Out of the 180,000 people without power...we were one of them. At about 1am, early Friday morning, I heard Audrey crying down the hallway. At that moment, I realized the power went out. The monitor had continued to make a fuzzy noise (which it usually does because she has a floor fan on for noise), so I never woke up to realize the power was out. Luckily we left our door open that night, so I was able to hear her!

Audrey continued to wake up at 4am and then 6am...primarily because it was getting colder and colder. By 6am, it was about 58 degrees, so Audrey slept in our bed under the covers. When we woke again at 7:30, it was a little over 50 degrees. Generally, 50ish degrees outside isn't too bad, but in your house...it is unbearable!!!

We got out of bed, and decided to go out for breakfast. We came back home and the power was still out, so we decided to go stay at my mom's house. But first, we had to see if we could get our gas fireplace working. (We have never used this thing in the five years that we have been here). I googled how to use a gas fireplace...and off we went! Jeff was lighting matches and for safety, I stood behind him with a fire extinguisher in hand ready to fire! Well, it didn't work, so we quickly left after that.

Luckily our power was back on at 3:30pm!!



Our house Thursday afternoon
...and Friday morning... A LOT more snow!!
Our neighborhood
On our way to nanny's house!
A creative snowman on the side of the Tollway

2 comments:

  1. We had a great time at dinner last weekend! It was good to see y'all! Audrey is getting so big and she's so precious. Avery is still talking about eating dinner with baby Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete