Well, the wait is over! We have finally decided on a name for our baby. While we had the first name figured out since before we knew what we were having, we were having a harder time with the middle name. So the name of our baby is going to be Audrey Makenna Stovall. I picked the first name, and luckily Jeff easily agreed. I have always liked the name Audrey, so I knew that it was a top pick. But there is a more interesting story with the name Makenna.
When we were in Hawaii in January (right after we found out we were having a girl), we were discussing middle names. Well, one of the cities in Maui is Makena, and Jeff really liked the way it sounded. I pushed it aside, but still wanted to come up with more in order to choose the best....however, I came up with nothing. Everything I considered, made Audrey's initials spell out unfortunate things. Like Lynn makes ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease), or Grace makes AGS (which no Longhorn fan would ever do to their child), and then there are all the names that start with an S (you get the idea).
So, since everytime I asked Jeff about middle names and he only suggested Makenna, did I give in. (Of course, I asked my mom for advice before conceding to him). I also googled it just to make sure people have actually used Makenna as a name....luckily, it is! We picked the spelling Makenna instead of McKenna because the latter looks like a last name.
So, there you go! We are no longer taking suggestions ;)
Coming soon....our 4D sono pics!!
Oh I think it's beautiful!! :) (although I would have liked AGS too!! gig'em ha!) We talked about the same things with Austin's middle name...although we knew we were naming him Michael forever (since it's Jason's first name) we still laughed about some of the unfortunate initials he could have had! Yea for picking a name!! :) It's going to suit her perfectly.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the name. MaKenna is really pretty and unique!
ReplyDelete