Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

First Blog Ever!


Well, with the upcoming arrival of our newest family member in May, we wanted to find a way to keep distant (and close) family and friends updated about our progress with info, pictures and video. A friend mentioned blogging so here we are! I am a little behind since I am 19 weeks pregnant, so I will recap the last 4 1/2 months briefly......

It starts with morning sickness that did not discriminate to morning time only, followed by some wonderful drugs from my doctor to help, then at 14 weeks I was somehow cured of this evil all-day sickness. However, while brushing my teeth and mint toothpaste are still my enemies, I have been able to somewhat overcome this by using princess bubblegum toothpaste instead in order to prevent avoiding brushing my teeth altogether...Jeff is very happy about this. I am not a fan of chicken or fish at this time, even though it was a staple of my diet pre-pregnancy. I have limited myself on my options. If I could live and grow this baby on powdered donuts, apples, pickles, chili-cheese fritos, McDonald's hamburgers, ice-cream snickers, and popcorn, I would be very happy! Unfortunately I can't, so I find myself eating a lot of pasta/lasagna and anything with turkey or beef.

I have gained 6 pounds from beginning to 17 weeks, trying as hard as I can to gain more...which is great since I can eat foods that I would not have before. However, I must get it all out of my system now because once the baby comes, I can't eat powdered donuts everyday!

So, this somewhat brings everyone up to speed about the last 19 weeks. We will officially find out the sex of the baby on Jan 6th and we are very excited to start getting the baby room in order. I will blog soon about Christmas time and our first baby shower with the family in town, as well as post some pics! (By the way, the above sono pic is at 12 1/2 weeks)

3 comments:

  1. the baby looks cute already! glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your feeling better too! I can't wait to find out what your baby is!!! I have gained about 30 lbs. in 24 weeks. I CAN NOT believe it. I love reading about your cravings. I haven't craved anything different, I just want to eat everything all the time! Again, we have to get together. I am going to call you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I didn't know you were pregnant. I can't wait to find out what it is :)

    ReplyDelete